For our food Thursday, I am sharing delicious fried rice recipe. Gone are the days you would eat boiled rice alongside some sort of stew and that was it. Apart from pilau, this was the only way most of us had our rice, too oblivious right!
Since I started being keen about making healthy food, I’ve discovered that you can do anything, make any kind of delicious food within a short time. It’s that simple, get the required ingredients and start the preparation and everything else follows. You don’t really need any chef expertise to make a simple decent meal. Be encouraged those of you who thought the kitchen has it’s own people (direct translation) it really doesn’t.
Onto the recipe…
5-6 tbsp oil
500g livers (chicken, beef. etc), cleaned
3 stock cubes
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
3/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup shredded cabbage
Salt to taste
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, sliced
1 1/2 cups parboiled rice, cooked
1 cup sweet corn
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare your veggies, boil the rice, peas and liver if you want to, (liver and peas can be cooked without boiling).
- In a large skillet shallow fry the onions and add the liver plus the spices (give the food a meaty taste)
- Next add the tomatoes to cook then the rest of the veggies.
- Once the veggies are slightly cooked add the rice and mix them all together.
- Enjoy your liver fried rice.
Original recipe: here.
I hope you try it soon…Until then..Blessings.