Spaghetti or noodles (as some would call them) are a staple for me. I love how simple they are to prepare, in countless, different ways with unlimited ingredients, and I am not kidding, they blend in with almost all ingredients I enjoy. The versatility of this dish is super amazing (bloggers invent their own language as they go). Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Vegetable Stir Fry Spaghetti
serves – 3
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped or grated
- 2 small carrots rectangular chopped
- 1 bunch of dania chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium sized potato rectangular chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dark soy
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Tom yum sauce
- 1 tsp spanish paprika
- 250g spaghetti
- 30ml olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onions until golden brown or up to your liking. Add the spices: cayenne pepper, Tom yum sauce, spanish paprika, oregano and salt (is salt a spice?) stir and cook for about half a minute. Then, add the tomatoes and potatoes and let them cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile boil the spaghetti for 3-5 mins, drain the water and add the butter.(my husband loves the taste of butter in this dish)
- Once the potatoes cook, add the rest of the vegetables, (I also use Courgette and Celery when available) and stir for about a minute or less (I don’t like over cooking my veggies).
- Once mixed well toss your spaghetti and sprinkle the dark soy, stir and mix again and remove skillet from the fire.
Serve hot with some mayonnaise or coconut milk. Enjoy!